Re: [gundam] Quess' space stunt in CCA

Chaos025@aol.com
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 05:08:57 EST

In a message dated 3/12/99 1:19:55 PM Mountain Standard Time, ben@w3media.net
writes:

<< From what I gathered from other discussions and my observations, she
plugged
 her ears, and I assume she was breathing out through her nose the whole time
 to avoid the pressure change...still quite unbelievable, but I guess I can't
 comment till I've tried it... :)

Actually, while not very realistic in the way it was done in the animation,
all she really should have had was a really bad case of nitrogen necrosis (the
Bends). Prolonged exposure would cause freezer burn, but not necessarily burst
blood vessels. I work with ultra high vacuum chambers, and I can tell you all
take short term exposure to vacuum is survivable.

SJ