Re: [gundam] Mobile suit mechanics

A Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy, Far, Far Away.... (devillin@juno.com)
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 04:34:51 -0500

> Exactly. I'm not sure what people are arguing about - Macross controls
>are strictly manual, though I'm not sure exactly how they're controlled
>(Egan Loo's Macross Compendium lists the VF-1 Valkyrie as having complex
>joysticks for controlling the robot form's hands, but doesn't elaborate
on

Right, I believe that the VF-1 is stated to have 50+ controls to do
everything
you see them doing in the animation.

>other aspects of the control system). I gather that latter-day RoboTech
>books have claimed that the "Veritechs" are partially mind-controlled,
but
>that has nothing to do with Macross proper.

That's only because the novel authors were idiots. They couldn't get it
through
thier heads that the Veritechs are specifically stated as having dozens
of controls
to do all the things they saw them doing in the animation. If you go just
by what
is said and displayed in the show, Robotech closely follows everything
Macross
does. Funny thing is, the authors have since recanted their braincontrol
idea
online, but have declined to go back and correct themselves in what they
wrote
in the novels. Even funnier, the Robotech RPG follows Macross exactly as
well. In fact, Siembedia used many of the original Macross artbooks and
movie
books to base his stats off of for the RPG.

--
Linwood Foster,   The_Sentinel@Gundam.Com
3 of 10, Rec.Games.Mecha Moderation Team

___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] - Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at http://gundam.aeug.org/