Re: [gundam] More More Turn A

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:04:21 -0800

Probe writes,

> That's gonna make one bigass 1/144 kit!

  <grin>

> Nah, not at all except for the legs and arms! (And that's because both
>the Jamesgun and the Turn-Off gundam both look like generic giant robots).

  And the hip plating... even the chest is slightly similar.

> A nanotech coating of 'living machines' is NOTHING like an ablative
>layer of thin-foil (or whatever!) The only thing similar is that they are
>both 'layers'!

  Could be that the "nanotech" aspect is that the layer regenerates itself,
for a sort of self-repairing ablative covering. Tough to tell until we see
it in action, though.

> So it's in the "Vicinity" of Vicinity?
> Geez, the Boys from Sunrise really aren't making any effort at all to
>come up with decent names in this show are they?

  <grin> The nomenclature thus far seems a bit jokey... North Amelia, Moon
Race, et cetera.

  Well, perhaps we're in danger of tapping out this subject. Anybody up for
that Act Zaku-magnetic coating-field motor theory I mentioned earlier?

-- Mark