Re: [gundam] Gundam Moustache?

Operator 7G - Michael Ip (zugok@gundam.com)
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:27:13 +1300

Der UberHanyok wrote:

> if I, the newbie, may lend my bit of opinion

sure, newbies always welcome :)

> - I always figured it was
> either a shout-out to samurai armor (I think some of the masks resembled the
> general faces of the gundams or the gundams were stylized after that
> pattern), or like, a goatee... like all those ancient egyption statues.

it has been mentioned before, that certainyl the original Gundam head at least
was modelled after a samurai helmet, the face, I don't know, maybe Japanese war
paint if they ever used that stuff. I never thought f this, but maybe it is
modelled after the makeup in tradition Japanese theatre.

Maybe I am rambling a bit too much, maybe I feel guilty that I am writing sweet
F all for my thesis, but I let my creativity roll when writing to theis ML. I
think I will stop here ^^;

--
Michael Ip
reika@clear.net.nz