Re: [gundam] Turn-A Gundam returns once again!

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 20:12:50 -0700 (MST)

> is much more striking. The RX-78, 178, ZZ and nu (unsure aboutthat one) have
> black moustache etched or painted on the face plate. Z didn't really have one,

  No, not really. I mean, there are two 'breathing slit' kinds of things
on the face, but they really _don't_ look like big handlebar moustaches!
(Just about all gundams have this BTW).

> but I tended to think the 'non-standard' face plate with pointy buts which hangs
> out to the side of the mouth make it appear like tose long moustaches that have
> grown out of control (think Rip van Winkle with a moustache,but no beard).

  Looked more like a long thing insectile probiscus to me... the Zetaplus
and ReGZ have this kind of cool long face too!

> Man if I could have a moustache and a big bushy ZZ Top beard like. It must be an
> Asian male fantasy or somethng. I know I have just given up growing one out of

  Just like the "Giant Man Suit" that mecha are, are part of that whole
male fantasy. It also goes a long way towards explaining all the freudian
elements you see in mecha design!

                                                                -Probe