Re: [gundam] Turn-A Gundam returns once again!

Kota Fujimura (fujimura@andrew.cmu.edu)
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 18:34:37 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Operator 7G - Michael Ip wrote:

> > * The reason why Rolan & co. was sent to earth in advance is NOT to
> > investigate, but to see if Moon Race can adapt to earth (man, they used
> > kids to find this out!? That's pretty cruel)
>
> cruel yes, but I can do extrapolation studies which will give reasonably
> accurate predictions of how adults may cope with human life :) Is part of
> what I do...Can you expand on who 'co' is. I have only been informed so far
> that Rolan was the only one sent down. I must have missed some posts
> somewhere.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I mentioned this already, but Rolan went down with
two other kids of same age, whose names escape me for the moment. This is
two years before the series actually takes place.

> > * "Turn-A" is referred as "Machine Doll" or "White Doll" from "Militia",
> > and "Mustash" or "White Mustash" from "Diana Counter".
>
> Moustashe you mean hehehehe. The placement of the V fin has some humour
> attached to it :)

There was a joke floating around that they've also made
Zaku, Dom, and Gelgoog with mustache :)

> > * Age of characters are:
> >
> > Rolan and Kiel: 17
>
> well 17 is physiologically not a kid anymore. Perhaps in a
> maturity/interpersonal realtionships sense maybe...

Well, he was 15 when he came to earth...

> > * Gwen is curious about Rolan, and calls him "Rola" (which is
> > indistinguishable in Japanese with "Laura")
>
> de ja vu? Camille again?

Nah. Gwen isn't hostile(at least, not yet) to Rolan, unlike Jerid was to
Camille...

Kota