Re: [gundam] Anaheim Electronics

Rodrick Su (rsu@tigana.com)
Mon, 08 Mar 1999 07:56:28 -0800

At 04:57 AM 3/8/99 , Doc wrote:
>Does Anaheim Electronics have a seat in whatever governing body the
>Federation has? I'm surprised the Federation hasn't levied any extreme
>sanctions against the company in light of the fact that Anaheim has
>assisted the opponents of the Federation many times in the past. Besides
>MS technology, does it provide the Federation with any other vital
>commodity that gives it enough leverage to avoid retaliation?
>But then in Z Gundam, the Feds had developed its own MS (e.g. Psycho
>Gundams) even without Anaheim's assistance.

Anaheim Electronics is most definately not part of Federation. They
are a Lunar entity first and foremost. Lunarian are always on their
own side. True, they are a significant military contractor for the
Federation, but they will sell to anyone if the price is right.

>In CCA, Amuro gripes about not knowing about Char's Neo Zeon inspite of
>Londo Bell's active searches among the Sides. All the while, Neo Zeon
>was developing Psycho Frame technology with Anaheim's blessing!
>Indirectly, Anaheim (by helping Char) nearly sent the earth into an new
>ice age! Surely that's enough reason for the Federation to blast it off
>the face of the moon!

The Psycho Frame technology was developed with Neo Zeon money. AE
will take that technology and sell it to Federation, which was Char's
intention. If you sell arms to both side of the conflict, you can
still claim to be neutral.

[ Rodrick Su [ ]