Re: [gundam] Orphans Of The Ecliptic

-Z- (Z@gundam.com)
Fri, 05 Mar 1999 19:17:49 -0800

At 01:21 3/5/99 -0800, you wrote:
>> MaHa more closely resembles the Titans than the Zeon. In any case, I get
>> the impression that Zeon would've put them all in slave labor camps rather
>> than expensively deporting them.
>
>Federation deports repeated offenders to slave astroid mining
>colony. Explains why we see all those newly constructed colonies in
>F91.

Now that's something I hadn't heard before. In fact, I'd wondered if maybe
some of those asteroid bases and Jupiter Energy Fleet ships might be penal
colonies.

For that matter, mightn't there be penal space colonies in the Earth
Sphere? By which I mean entire space colonies turned into prisons, a la
Devil's Island or Alcatraz....

-Z-