Re: [gundam] Turn A Gundam returns!

-Z- (Z@gundam.com)
Mon, 01 Mar 1999 20:18:02 -0800

At 23:11 3/1/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Sounds about right, the moon has a 1/3 of Earth
>gravity...
>
>...Dyar do you have any ideas?

Only that the Moon has 1/6 Earth gravity. Mars had 1/3.

Mars also had 40-meter tall mecha, but they were tripods, not bipeds....

Which reminds me. The "19th Century" technology ascribed to Turn-A is in
the ballpark for what Mark deems WW1 technology. Everything used in WW1
had already been developed by the late 1800s and, in fact, had already been
deployed in the Boer War (1899-1902).

Of course, you can make a lot of rationalizations for steampunk technology.
 I seem to recall some interesting ones in the Wild Wild West show 30 years
ago.

-Z-