Re: [gundam] Turn A Gundam returns!

Operator7G - Michael Ip (zugok@gundam.com)
Tue, 02 Mar 1999 15:50:03 +1300

At 14:58 1999.03.01 -0500, Mute wrote:
>Eye candy or not, I actually think the Turn-A looks pretty decent now,
from the
I have always liked the Turn-A, but I gues what I am upset about is the
persistance on this ML that the design really sucks. Okay, initially, I
may have pushed thatthe design was good, but i stopped before long. As for
the design is terrible in the eyes of most, who cares? As far as I am
concerned, despite the series is named after the MS (resumably) the MS is a
*tool* of the series/conflict, not center of conflict,and this is something
I think Tomino has tried to push. If I recall correctly, someone on the
list mentioned that in the original series, Tomino wanted to push Amuro as
the hero rather than the robot.

>Though I'm curious to exactly how well Turn-A will do. Macross 7 seems to
have
>done well (so I've heard, and I found it entertaining as well^^), and that
had
>some ludicrous concepts going on. But then again, it did have cool,
likeable (on
>the most part)  mecha and a good degree of humor (albeit an incredible
amount of
>recycled combat footage).
Well that is an interesting point. I like the design, I am enthusiastic
about the series, and I was initially worried about the survival of Gundam
when I first read this point. But now I am not, I am very sure there are
many people that will embrace this series.

-
Michael Ip
reika@clear.net.nz