Re: [gundam] Turn A Gundam returns!

Mute (mute@guvava.com)
Mon, 01 Mar 1999 14:58:59 -0500

Eye candy or not, I actually think the Turn-A looks pretty decent now, from the
cel-art. The big white (and useless) cross looks like its gone, and the head
even looks pretty good (sans the mustache). My only gripe is 'Why in the world
didn't they move the mustache up a bit, let's say... to the forehead?'  It would
improve the look tremendously.

Whoever said before to wait for the final version was right (on the most part),
they did make things look better considerably. I still don't _love_ the design,
but I'd say its at least acceptable (sans the mustache).

Though I'm curious to exactly how well Turn-A will do. Macross 7 seems to have
done well (so I've heard, and I found it entertaining as well^^), and that had
some ludicrous concepts going on. But then again, it did have cool, likeable (on
the most part)  mecha and a good degree of humor (albeit an incredible amount of
recycled combat footage).