Re: [gundam] Zeta Film Book

Rook (rook@dhp.com)
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 20:26:23 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 ZAMBONY@mail.hitel.net wrote:

> Special Illustration Mini Pin-up "CAMILLE & FOUR"
> -drawn by Haruhiko Mikimoto. (too bad Kitazume lost his old touches after
> the "Megazone 23 Part 3"...)

I think it's not so much that he's lost the zang, but changed his style
(and much do I regret it!) - he drew and colored an exquisite portrait of
the 'classic' Four for my last birthday and she's as lovely as she was
fourteen years ago - and framed, hanging on my wall. (I was fortunate to
share a mutual acquaintance with him when he was last visiting the States.
The picture's one of my dearest treasures.)

My only regret, actually, is that he's dramatically changed his signature
- I guess I'd formed a funny little attachment to the way he used to sign
his name, from my copy of his 'Light Pink' artbook and old anime 'zines - I
feel a little twinge seeing his admittedly funky, but very different,
blocky writing on my picture instead of the old script. Isn't that silly?

                - Rook

        I can still be alpha male with two X chromosomes.