Re: [gundam] [DESIGNER] Phoenix Hawk IIc...

Sean Glenn (cipher@wolfenet.com)
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 08:19:21 -0800

>In a message dated 2/27/99 11:43:17 AM Mountain Standard Time,
>O.J.Barder@psy.hull.ac.uk writes:
>
><< Basically I know that a lot of the Battletech designs were
> cobbled for anime mecha designs. However there are a few
> in the "Battletech Technical Readout: 3055" (product number
> 8619) which I haven't s clue about (namely the ones on pages
> 97 - 111).
>
> They are all cell drawn and look like they have been done by
> Yutaka Izubuchi, are they from any anime?
>
> ...the copyright credits are made out to "Victor Musical
> Industries Inc."
>
> Thanks for the help!
> >>

>Well, the color plates that you are referring to were done by Dana Knutson,
>Nobuyui Ikigame, and Atsushi Takeuchi. And since Dana Knutson is also the
>editor of the rest of the illustrations, I would say the Nobuyui and Atsushi
>did the actual drawings and probably the inks.

Dana Knutson is an illustrator as well, and does concept work for movies
and so on also. Why do I know? I work with him at Wizards of the Coast
(he's an art director there). I'll ask him about his involvement with
Battletech and the Japanese illustrators.

Sean Glenn

"Jaded zombies acted quaintly but kept driving their oxen forward."