Re: [gundam] System Zero

Kota Fujimura (fujimura@andrew.cmu.edu)
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 01:35:15 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Ryuusei wrote:

> > The problem seems to result from the fact that part of the power behind
> >the 0-System's blazing speed is that it allows the pilot to 'think ahead'
> >and plan out his moves super-fast before acting them out. Problem is, it
> >seems to allow weak-minded pilots to start visualizing all sorts of
> >'worst-case scenarios' driving them into a panicked catatonia!

ZERO system works by putting bunch of expeceted value into the pilot's
brain directly. For most of the pilots, these will feel as undefiable
orders, and if it conflicts with what pilot wills to do, it can cause
severe discomfort (puke).

> Yeah, we saw the bad side of the 0-System which Trowa (illusions of
> Catherine)

I wouldn't call that a bad side. Come on, Trowa would have never regained
his memory if it wasn't for ZERO system.

> and Quatre (his familiy Winner's idealism) experienced. But if
> there's a chance of Duo and Wufei get those effects too?

But they did! Duo briefly thought he blew up a colony, and considered it
"something normal human should never ever use". For Wufei, OTOH, it
helped him figure out what his goal should be: to eliminate Treize
Kushrinada.

Kota