Re: [gundam] Some painting questions.....

Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 14:09:13 +0800

> I would like to know how everyone paints there models, how you weather, and
>how you outline the panels on your models. I'm pretty new at this stuff, and
>any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
>
>-Flamehed01
>-

        For paint, I use tamiya and Pylox spray cans. when I want a really glossy
finish, I use handbrushing with some (believe it or not) house-paint
thinner mixed in with the tamiya paints...for some reason it works well
chemically to give a nice consistency which is easy to apply and where the
brush strokes disappear a few seconds after appication. I use the Pylox
stuff to get a granular/flat finish to certain parts. For weathering, I
use a combination of pencils, india ink, drybrushing and some deformation
of corners in a kit. For lines, I just buy a cheap techpen and do the
lines.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter