Re: [gundam] CCA

Kota Fujimura (fujimura@andrew.cmu.edu)
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 00:30:25 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999, Rodrick Su wrote:

> > Hm, like Jim, I never understood people's hatred toward Quess (but I
> > didn't think she was sweet though). I mean, she was annoying some what,
> > but there are characters far more annoying than her, like Al (I'm watching
> > 0080 again, and my god this kid annoys me), Beltochika Irma, and most of
> > all, Frost Brothers! And I have a feeling I'm going to get really pissed
> > off at Shakti when I get to see VG in its entirity.
> >
> For me, the one big difference between Quess and Al is that Quess is a
> spoil brat who quite simply annoyed the hell out of me. Al is a very
> believable real kid who is thrown into this tragic situtation. When Al
> cried at the end of 0080, a bit of me wants to cry with him.

Well, yeah, I assume anyone who understood what went on 0080 to be like
that, and I do think it is realistic for him to be annoying little kid.

But the thing is, I can't blame Quess for who she is. Maybe because I
read "High Streamer", but I feel sympathy for her than anything else. I
mean, her family has fallen apart due to Anadeur's womanizing, and he
never tried to understand her. But he even used MaHa to track her down
when she ran away from home. She was like a puppy in a small cage at the
old pet shop. As far as I'm concerned, she's no more annoying than
regular frustrated teenager. (Not that all the teenagers are annoying, in
defense of teenage members of this list. I was still teenager when I
joined in.)

Besides, she isn't the first brat in the Gundam. Amuro was, Camille was,
and in a way, Katsu was too.

Kota