Re: [gundam] MG Elmeth and mumbling... and a waste of your time

Fri, 26 Feb 1999 18:41:00 -0500

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Richie Ramos wrote:
> but in truth, there are a lot of people
> out there, me included, who just love the fact that there a big bad
> stomping mecha out there. give me gundam over nanotech anytime....

hey, I can't disagree with you while admitting that I am building models
practically 50% of my free time, right? it's interesting to read that so
many ppl started on Gundam from the models, which is opposite from me: I
started with anime -> Gundam -> robot models -> military models. When I
looked at the GP-02 model, I screamed 'oh they turned my beautiful Gundam
into an armadillo!', and when I saw GP-03 model, I screamed 'oh they
turned my beautiful Gundam into a hentai tentacle monster!'. My nerves
were clam down a little after I saw (end of) 0083, but still these spikey
reincarnated samurais bug me.

Everyone has a different interpretation on Gundam, and that's a good
thing. My story is that when I was 11 and totally fall over myself loving
Gundam, I still sub-consciously sensed that I was loving the other aspects
of the TV show. Now a really cool robot with a really big gun doesn't
excite me anymore, but Gundam remains a true favourite of mine. And I am
writting this to perhaps encourage some of you to think about the people
inside the Big Bad Stomping Mechas.

more mumbling coming up...

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *