Re: [gundam] The gravity of it all

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 12:43:47 -0800

Chris Beilby writes,

> My guess would either be this, or that the Minovski Ship System
actually can
>generate very low amounts of artificial gravity (Along the lines of .2 to .3
>g)

  Nope, absolutely not; the Minovski craft system's only function is to
make the ship "buoyant" by pushing against the ground, like a hovercraft
on steroids. The simulated gravity aboard White Base is provided by a
rotating block inside the main body of the ship, which is where the
medical facilities and bathtubs are located. Any appearance of gravity
aboard the bridge is strictly a function of velcro and/or magnetic footgear.

-- Mark