Re: [gundam] Newtype as an adoptation to space.

Chaos025@aol.com
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:45:59 EST

In a message dated 2/25/99 9:14:27 AM Mountain Standard Time, rsu@tigana.com
writes:

<< From what I can tell, newtype sometimes can sense other's empathy as
 well as sending. This allows a newtype to sense other newtype or
 newtype dependant weapon. I am not quite sure how useful this is for
 space living, but just to not that.>>

The ability to sense others, even through the void of space can be a great
survival tool, allowing you to find others, and others to find you, with
resorting to direct sensing equipment. This would be a great advantage in
finding that one stray emergency life pod during a rescue operation, or
preventing that guy out there with a gun from breaching your habitats walls.

<<Finally, some newtype seemed to be grafted with limited intuitive
perception. Here I am talking about Amuro's seemingly ability to sense where
his enemies will be and takes the action to make sure that they cease to be.
Definitely very useful when piloting a spacecraft... >>

Again, in a Minovsky particle enriched environment, being able to find danger
or help is a vital survival skill.

SJ