Re: [gundam] MG Elmeth and mumbling... and a waste of your time

dyar@halcyon.com
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 19:32:14 -0800

At 23:42 2/23/99 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 2/23/1999 11:22:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>chinc@sten.sunnybrook.utoronto.ca writes:
>
>> Ok, I might as well say it out loud now: I think giant-robos are passe.
>
>Why do you like Gundam, then?

As noted numerous times by numerous people on this list, you could remove
all of the MS and MA from Gundam and not effect the story at all.

Mecha? The Gundam story could be told using conventional weapons or
powered exoskeletal armor or even 2001-style space pods (which, by the way,
the Ball only resembles superficially, since it too is scaled up in size)
or whatever.

-Z-