Re: [gundam] [GUNDAM] Mailing list.

Enigma298@aol.com
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 14:56:11 EST

In a message dated 24/02/99 19:42:32 GMT Standard Time, nandy@U.Arizona.EDU
writes:

> > sections of model shops for the past 15+ years now, and it has been
> > much easier to encounter the models than to see the actual anime
>
> That's been the case with just about every Gundam fan I know. Saw the
> models, built the models, began to wonder about the anime. A matter of
> fact, it's the model industry that DRIVES the anime these days!

But does this apply to Japanese fans as well ? Gundam is possibly the only
anime (that I know of) to have spawned an anime based on the models alone (the
Plamo Wars series, which, at least to start off with was based almost entirely
around Gundam models). I remember Gundam being a kind of cultural icon in
Thailand for the last 20 years or so....

Shane.