Re: [gundam] MG Elmeth and mumbling... and a waste of your time

BlazeEagle@aol.com
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 23:42:34 EST

In a message dated 2/23/1999 11:22:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
chinc@sten.sunnybrook.utoronto.ca writes:

> Ok, I might as well say it out loud now: I think giant-robos are passe.

Why do you like Gundam, then? I like giant robots. My first word I said was
"me want robots". My family says before I could even talk, I turned right to
the robots in Christmas catalogs and wouldn't look at any thing else. Giant
Robots may not be real, realistic, and even downright goofy or unbelievable
sometimes, but I like Giant robots because they have style, look cool, and are
entertaining. Like every other entertainment genre, everything eventually gets
to sound and look alike and rehashed over and over again. I guess people
finally can't think of new, creative ideas anymore or they run out of them. I
have heard other people say Gundam is boring or they don't like it, but yet
they watch Gundam and build Gundam kits, all I have to say is WHY and if you
don't like something, then don't buy it or watch it and complain about it. I
mean, how many times can someone think of totally new ideas for robots,
without imitating existing giant robot ideas. Rant over :)

Aaron