Re: [gundam] Gundam in the US!?!?!

A Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy, Far, Far Away.... (devillin@juno.com)
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 02:38:43 -0500

>This is a shame, in a way, since one of the joys of BattleTech was that
the
>marchandizing allowed you to glom onto otherwise unavailable Macross,
>Dougram and Crusher Joe stuff being hawked as game-play pieces. Anyone
>here remember PlasTech, FASA's short-lived attempt to replace the
>traditional pewter pieces with molded plastic ones?

Yup, I remember PlasTech. I bought a box of them off the net a few years
back
for a few bucks. The detailing on them is pretty nice, but they are a
pain to
put together. I haven't found a glue yet that will hold them together.
The worst
one of the lot is the Maruader (Zentraedi Officer's Pod). This thing
comes as
two sections. The only problem is, they don't fit together. My favorite
thing to
do when I am holding a Battletech night is pull out my 1/550 Nu-Gundam
that
came with the Alpha Azeiru. The sound of dismay I hear crack me all up.
Most
people can't seem to handle a mini that is armed with a shield and a big
rifle,
and is painted all white with black and yellow detailing.

Something else that makes excellent minis are MicroMachines. I love
pulling
out my AT-AT and AT-ST just to confuse folks.

--
Linwood Foster,   The_Sentinel@Gundam.Com
3 of 10, Rec.Games.Mecha Moderation Team

___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]