[gundam] Annoying Characters and Strange MS

Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 12:22:42 +0800

>At 02:11 PM 2/22/99 , Kota Fujimura wrote:
>>I don't know why, but Virsago is really starting to grow on me. Maybe
>>it's the extending arms, or the right mix of long range weapon and close
>>range weapon. Or it could be the coloring scheme that reminds me of
>>Epyon.
>>It's extremely unfortunate it was piloted by one of the
>>most annoying character in entire Gundam storyline: one of the Frost
>>brothers.
>Well, Shagia Frost does dress well... But IMHO the undisputed
>champion of annoying character in Gundam is still Quess Paraya. If
>there is a Society for Promotion of Death of Quess Paraya, I'd sing up
>in a heartbeat.
>[ Rodrick Su

        The frost Brothers dressed well and had great mobile suits; Quess Paraya,
OTOH, is a very annoying vicious little girl who had a major thing going
for somebody whom she had an almost incestuous type of love for. I hate
the little brat.
        On the subject of annoyinbg characters, there's really only a few of them
in gundam, since everybody seems to be so Tomino-twisted. Of course, I've
heard of Cima Garaha being considered annoying, but I beg to differ on that..
        As for strange MS's, yes, I do think that the Virsago (both types) is
really quite weird. It isn't gundam in design, to be truthful about it,
but there is that thing about it that qualifies it as a gundam VILLAIN MS.
The long arm thing obviously is now being exploited for all its worth, and
the chest-break idea, too.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter