Re: [gundam] 1/144 Turn-A Gundam

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:08:26 -0700 (MST)

> > Uh oh... let's hear the bad news! Does it look as bad as Syd's line art,
> > or have they 'cleaned it up' a bunch?
> >From what I heard, it looks exactly like Syd's illustration.

  BARF!!!! Bleaaahhh! Buy it so you can SHOOT it!

> > > It'll come with beam saber, shield and a gun (so it does have beam saber
> > Where does it hide that saber then?
> I have no idea. Maybe it's hidden somewhere a la Wing 0...

   Maybe it pulls it out of its butt, just like Syd did with the Gundam itself.

> > Hrrrm...... You know, the chest DOES look similar to the "Visargo Chest
> > Burst" robot, maybe it's got some stupid beam cannon in there so it can do
> > a "Flaming Gundam HEAAARRT" buster-beam finish as it slays the
> I've heard that it's ammo weapon. Hmmm... It'll be kinda sad if it was
> hidden machine cannon.

  That's pretty lame. I mean, even lamer than the RX-79's stupid 'nipple cannons',
which you've got to admit was pretty damn lame!

> I don't know why, but Virsago is really starting to grow on me. Maybe
> it's the extending arms, or the right mix of long range weapon and close
> range weapon. Or it could be the coloring scheme that reminds me of Epyon.

  I really like the original Visargo design, I think it was a neat combination of
style and villany, with some really cool weapons and big nasty shoulders! I liked
it alot!
                                                                -Probe