Re: [gundam] Solomon Pilots and Gato...

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 23:05:20 -0700 (MST)

> > he is spitting out words, and yet they really don't make sense to him.
> > Especially in his speeches. They really needed to cast Gato
> Funny, that's how Gato came across in the Japanese version to me. Just a
> pilot who's monotone and fanatic about the Zion and its revival, going off
> into speeches everytime a federation pilot stands in awe of him because he
> is, after all, "Nightmare of Solomon."

  Yep, that's how I saw him too.
  This is not to say that he should be shouting all the time necessarily,
but I think it conveys the same _impression_ in English as Gato's voice
does in Japanese, i.e., he's a singleminded bloodthirsty fanatic utterly
convinced of his own righteousness. In that sense, making him monotonously
loud in the dub might actually be appropriate!

> Speaking of "Nightmare of Solomon," which seiyuu would play our favorite MSV
> aces provided they get casted into an OAV featuring their lovely selves and

  Hell, I think Steven Segal should play him, after all, they are clones!

                                                                -Probe