[gundam] [Fwd: [MZML] Streamlinean Rhapsody (slightly off topic, but funny)]

Chris Beilby (cbeilby@earthlink.net)
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 15:01:01 -0800

This was just posted to the Mekton Zeta list...

attached mail follows:

--Robert Holland

Streamlinean Rhapsody
Sung to the tune of "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen

Are these the real words
Is this just a bad dub
Lost in translation
Not even close to reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the screen and see
I'm just a poor fan
Don't dub my anime
Because it's easy come, easy go
His too high, hers too low
Any way the words go, doesn't really matter
To him... to him...

Macek, just killed a show
Put a dub against its head
Pushed record and now it's dead
Macek, it had just begun
And now you've gone and thrown it all away

Macek, o-o-o-o
Didn't mean to make you cry
But I won't be back again to see this movie
Subtitle on, subtitle on
'Cause it really really matters

Too late
The dub is done
Sent shivers down my spine
Eardrums aching all the time
Goodbye everybody, I've got to go
Got to leave the dub behind and run away
Macek, o-o-o-o
I don't wanna lie
I sometimes wish you'd never born at all

I see a little subtitle on the screen
Manga Corps, Renditions, have you seen the AnimEigo?
Thunderbolts and lightning
Lum sounds very frightening to me!
AnimEigo, Manga Corp
AnimEigo, Manga Corp
AnimEigo, Manga Corp
Magnifico-o-o-o-o
I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me
He's Carl Macek, don't dub my anime
Spare us this strife from your monstrosities

Easy come, easy go, will you let me dub?
IST VILL NAUGHT NO!
WE WILL NOT LET YOU DUB!
Let him go!
IST VILL NAUGHT! WE WILL NOT LET YOU GO!
Let him dub!
IST VILL NAUGHT! WE WILL NOT LET YOU DUB!
Let me go! Will not let you go! Let me dub! Will not let you dub!
Let me go-o-o-o-o
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
Oh, Carl Macek, Carl Macek, Carl Macek, please don't dub
Yes, Carl Macek has Satan for a voice actor
Poor me... poor me

So you think you can chop up and edit my show?
So you think you can dub it leave it to die!
Oh, Macek
Take a dub to me Macek?
Just gotta get out! Just gotta get right out of here!
o-o-o-o oh yeah, feel the air

Subbing really matters. Anyone can see.
Subbing really matters.
Subbing really matters, to me