Re: [gundam] AnimeVillage/Zeta

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 15:44:36 -0700 (MST)

> at subbing in English. I've also notice that recent dubbed videos have been
> digitally remastered for more vibrant colors, and the audio dialog now matches

 Neat!

> character mouth movements. All and all, dubs are getting better while subs are
> staying the same. I'm a hedonist, so I enjoy anything that makes my life
> easier. And dubs are making life easier. The Gundam 0083 dubbed looks and
> sounds awesome, so I would love for the other Gundam series to also come in a
> dubbed format, too.

  Hey, that's really excellent! I'm glad to hear it! Even though I'm a
relic from the bad old days of anime before Subs, I've watched
many-an-anime with a computer-form printed 'synopsis' on my lap. It was
kinda hilarious, we were going to be watching some anime at a friend's
place and he put in the wrong (Un-fansubbed) tape and after a few minutes
of dialogue he goes "Whoops, wrong tape!" while I was thinking "Huh? What?
Oh yeah, there were no subtitles!" I've seen so much of this stuff I
hardly even notice if the subtitles are there or not!

                                                                -Probe