Re: [gundam] AnimeVillage/Zeta

Sun, 21 Feb 1999 15:52:33 -0500

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999 Chaos025@aol.com wrote:
> I may sound like blasphemy, but I'm waiting for dubbed tapes to come out. I

It's not such a big deal. I would like dubbed tapes too, if not for the
amateur voice actors they hire to dub the anime tapes. I don't think it's
such a big deal reading the sub. If it's a great fight sequence going on,
the dialogue is usually like "die! you asshole!", if it's some deep or
important dialogue or monologue then the visuals are usually not very
busy. But the text does mess up part of the screen (can you turn off subs
in LDs?). So in a perfect world they would get a good voice cast and do a
decent job of dubbing anime tapes.

Sadly voice-acting is an art more difficult than acting itself, and the US
distributors can't ante-up for a decent job for a little niche market as
anime. SO, it's back to sub for me, since the bad voice acting AND
recording (often they sounded like they recorded the whole thing in a
cheap wine glass) is far more distracting than the subtitle.

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble