Re: [gundam] MG GM

Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 01:52:27 +0800

>> And if using a spray can, always keep the can moving, don't keep it in one
>> area, paint by sweeping the can side to side, like in auto assembly
>> factories, and keep hte can at least 6" to 12" away from the part to be
> I do that now, when possible. But I had a wierd problem with the paint
>beginning to foam (Very small almost microscopic bubbles at one point) but
>the bubbles began to drift into seams and stuff and I couldn't do anything
>about it except try and 'shave' them off after the paint had already
>dried. Yeeek!

        Hmmmm...the only times that happened to me was when I was either out of
the boundaries of the spraycans temperature and/or humidity tolerances for
operation. Alternatively, it could be a reaction to the wax residue on
some kits....or it may have been too close...

> What the problem was is that I used a gloss paint and then dull-coated
>it... It became about a 3lb model when I was done! Now I make sure not to
>bother with gloss paints at all and at least for smaller kits it's not an
>issue. But MG kits are ALREADY pretty heavy so...
>-Probe

        when using gloss paint, it is best to mix it just so with the thinner so
it can spread smoothly, and make the brush strokes disappear after
application. I fyou're handbrushing it...I have a dreissen, Gelgoog-J and
Gaza which are proof of it...

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter