Re: [gundam] MG GM

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 09:42:58 -0700 (MST)

> Use a airbrush or spray can, and spray in light coats. Put a spray
> can in warm water for 5 minutes before you paint. This will make a

  I have let my cans "Heat up in the sun" but I'll try the warm water
trick next!

> and you have to be extra careful not to clog up joints that need
> >to open up, and worst of all, your kit becomes MONSTROUSLY heavy when
> Heavy?? From painting? Are you DIPPING your models in paint, Probe??

  Heh heh!
  Well, my MG-Zaku was one of my first MGs and I didn't realize how heavy
it would be "Naked" and I made the mistake of putting on two coats of
Kakhi paint (to get rid of that nauseating pink color) and then two more
coats of dullcoate (for dullness and protection). The result was ONE HEAVY
ZAK!
  Now it wasn't SUPER heavy, but the Zaku's joints are apparently not the
greatest and the ankle clearance was not very good either. The result was
my MG-Desert-Zaku kept falling on its BUTT every time I tried to pose it.
After awhile, even standing up straight and tall its knees would slowly
start to buckle and it would tip over backward! It was so annoying!

                                                                -Probe