Re: [gundam] Turn A Gundam Art

Rook (rook@dhp.com)
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 16:44:40 -0500 (EST)

Whoa. Thanks, Mark, for sending me the URLs. The mecha picture.. I..
uhm.. I have nothing to say. The people and their costumes, on the other
hand: pretty neat, I think; lovely, lovely steampunk. There's a little
bit of a GW look to them amidst the Ghibli, and the hair is.. well.. pure
Capcom and Squaresoft. (Given the artist, I guess a little of that's in
its place.) But (especially looking at the corner picture of that one
young fellow's unhappy face under its beret) I can imagine really getting
a Gundam feel off this one. Character-designwise, anyway - and that's
something I didn't get from Wing, much as I enjoyed it. All those short
little boys running about, drove me nuts. Most fifteen-year-olds are not
half the size of the nearest adult. So my vote presently on the character
art of Gundam For All, as I've come to think of it, is a thumbsup. As for
the Gund... er.. right. I said I was keeping mum, didn't I? Well, I am.
As long as I can stand to.

                - Rook

        I can still be alpha male with two X chromosomes.