Re: [gundam] MG GM

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 02:15:58 -0800

Eddie writes,

>If by "this one" you meant the MG GM manual, you might have missed the
>"..." that followed the 3rd fleet, meaning there were more. In fact it
>goes from 3rd Fleet all the way to the 13th Autonomous Fleet, which IIRC is
>the WB?

  Oops, you're right. Whew!

  By the way, the Hobby Japan book lists the member fleets of Tianem's
armada as being the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 9th, 11th and 13th Fleets (as
distinguished from the 13th Autonomous). The book lists the 1st Fleet as
being assigned to Revil's group, but that's a trifling distinction.

>I think this is the first time I ever saw a GM Cannon in space. Based on
>the MSV stuff I thought GM Cannons are limited in-atmosphere theaters,
>mainly in North America?

  Nope; like the GM, they're for all environments. According to the MSV
books and kit manuals, the distribution was as follows: 14 stationed with
the Tianem and Revil fleets; 6 on the North American front; 19 on the
African fron; 9 nine at Jaburo for base defense. That's a total of just
48 units, but supposedly they were very effective. The North American
front was the first place they were deployed, where they helped capture
the California Base; after that, the North American units were shipped to
Africa, which evidently became lousy with GM Cannons. :-)

-- Mark