Re: [gundam] B-Club

Thu, 18 Feb 1999 17:45:24 -0500

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Edward Ju wrote:
> B Club is Bandai's subsidiary that specializes in garage kits (resin and
> vinyl), which are more expensive than plastic injection kits due to a smaller
> market (and lack of economy of scale) and the intensive labor involved in
> sculpturing the original mold.

Is that it? I always through there's some special attractions about resin
kits that justify the cost. (and I was a bit embarassed to ask such a
dumb question: why do people like resin kit anyway?)

For human or creature figures I can understand resin, because you can bend
them, but for mechas? It seems there isn't much you can do with resin
that you can't do with injection kit.

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble