Re: [gundam] Beam sabers

Rodrick Su (rsu@tigana.com)
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 14:26:08 -0800

At 01:30 PM 2/18/99 , Edward Ju wrote:

>>it
>>>
>>>Hmm, IIRC, in the 0079 War for Earth game, Char's Zaku managed to grab
>>>a beam saber from Gundam but could not use it. So doesn't that kill
>>>your theory?
>>>
>>>"Yeah, but that's non-canonical VIDEOGAME!"
>>>
>>>"Yeah, but 0083 is a non-Tomino OVA!"
>>>

>>Zaku isn't designed to use beam saber. Perhaps a GM can grab the
>>Gundam's beam saber and use it, but definately not Zaku.
>
>If the GP-02A can toss out its beam saber and have it remain "lit", then
>there is no reason why a Zaku cannot grab the beam saber from Gundam and
>have it turned off all of a sudden, despite the fact that Zakus aren't
>designed to use beam saber. If you get a flash light that was left on,
>it should remain on after it changes hands.

Ok, I don't see a problem with a Zaku grabbing a activated beam saber and
use it for a couple of seconds. But I don't see a Zaku grabbing a
charged beam saber from the GM's backpack and expect it to actually be
able to activate the blade. Hell, I also don't see a Gelgoog which is
capable of using beam saber doing the samething to the GM's beam saber,
wrong interface and all.

[ Rodrick Su [ ]