Re: [gundam] about those Turn A Gundam Character pictures

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:43:55 -0800

Probe writes,

> The characters look like something out of some Myazaki anime about
> airships in the 1800s or something... not like something you'd expect from
> a show about mecha!

Aaron chimes in,

>Yep, it sure doesn't look like a Mecha show to me. What are they trying
to do,
>make a 1800's Gundam show? I guess Earth REALLY did regress alot!

  Well, yes. According to NewType magazine, as the series begins Earth is
at a roughly 19th-century technology level. From what I've been hearing,
the idea is that Earth once had higher technology but has lost it (so the
Gundam may well be a relic of this earlier era). Thus, all the characters
look like Miyazaki extras. Give them _some_ credit here, people! :-)

-- Mark