Re: [gundam] about those Turn A Gundam Character pictures

BlazeEagle@aol.com
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 16:10:31 EST

In a message dated 2/17/1999 4:01:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wing0@earthlink.net writes:

> I completely agree with you on that, but at this point the character art
> looks, to me at least, a heck of a lot better than the robot art.
>
> I mean, my god, that (should I even call it) 'Gundam' looks like someone
> lopped off a mushroom cap and carved out a face. Either that or it's got
> a TERMINAL case of sinus pressure going on. To me, the design doesn't
> even have that 'Gundam' feel to it. While it's got decent detail, the
design
> doesn't look all that (don't shoot me) realistic. I know, most robots
> aren't,
> but this looks more like a kiddie toy design that the Gundam for a new
> series.
>
> I guess I'll just have to hope that the final art goes WAY beyond the
> concept
> design (which I'm guessing this is).
>
> Hard_Case

Right, I agree that the character designs are better then the Mecha designs.
It looks like 40's Gundam with some of those character designs, though. It is
kiddish isn't it? The Gundam looks like its designed by smurfs on drugs!!

Aaron