[gundam] Gundam fans love Reaganomics?

Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:32:44 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Roger Harkavy wrote:
> treated this way. Look at Go Nagai (Mazinga Z creator), who got ...
> If Todd McFarlane worked for a Japanese corporation, he'd still be drawing

You seem to be telling me that the same "money is bottomline" principle
can explain why Nagai and McFarlane are treated in totally opposite ways
in Japan and N. America.

> able to afford that jillion-dollar home run ball.

Yeah! The Holy Ball is coming to Toronto, yipee! [is it? he's still
living in Toronto right?] I wonder if he has to pay 7% Canadian sales tax
on the ball.

> > [Please don't give me any more "they do whatever that makes money" lines.
> > There are ample examples of the contrary in both Japanese and Western
> > bussiness world]
>
> Did my explanation help any?

Sigh... There's one of these lectures every 3 days on the GML. I used to
be a total devotee to Corporate America (and Corporate Japan), but as I
see more and experience more, I began to see through the rhetorics.
Let's just say a paragraph or 2 of ECO101 text book won't teach me
anything new. And I won't likely (nor is it my mission to) change your
views. So let's just drop it.

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble