Re: Re: [gundam] Even more Tomino interview

Khyron476@aol.com
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 23:28:02 EST

In a message dated 2/16/99 7:39:11 PM, chinc@sten.sunnybrook.utoronto.ca
wrote:

<<How about Ghost in the Shell, it's very 90ish: fast paced (cyber-paced),
amoral, packs a good philosophical punch. Can that becomes a 90's or 00's
franchise?>>

I honestly didn't like Ghost in The Shell that much. It was awesome to see
some amazing animation but story wise, it didn't really appeal to me. In terms
of cyberpunk fiction, I'll take Gibson over Shirow any day. Also, it might be
a little too out there for most people, and with the lack of stuff to make
toys and models of, I'd say you'd be hard up to find sponsers willing to put
lots of money into it as a big franchise.

Khyro