Re: [gundam] Zakus - getting hosed?

Roger Harkavy (harkavyr@pandora.planet.net)
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:48:43 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Mark Simmons wrote:
> And for the love of god, why does the Zaku have them on its head?

It's for the Black Trinary's special maneuver:

"NECK... STREAM... ATTACK!!!"

(Roger ducks flying Heat Hawk from Mark.)

(Incidentally, I recently re-watched the episode of Patlabor where the SSS
guys try the Jet Stream Attack on the Griffon and fall on their asses.
"But it worked so well in simulations!")

> That's my best guess, for what it's worth...

The explanation that you and Prabal gave holds water (or plasma). It
definitely beats the "canon" explanation.

They do make great "handles" for enemy mecha to grab, though, don't they?
I've seen at least one episode of the original show where some nice Judo
maneuver was made possible by these...

> Thanks! It's certainly my favorite section. :-)

Perhaps you can bend the ear of certain Viz employees and stick those Zaku
designs in an upcoming magazine or manga as trading cards? It's an idea.

---
Roger Harkavy
harkavyr@planet.net
http://www.planet.net/pharkavyr/