Re: [gundam] logo question and more model site plug

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 19:19:58 -0800

Chien Ting Chin writes,

>And please check out the logos for the Fed (what's their official name
>anyway?) and the Zion. I took the Fed logo from the Mydia Transport
>sticker and the Zion logo from the 08th MS Team Gouf Custom decal. The
>Zion logo in the 0080 Hygog kit is different! Is that a mistake on
>Bandai's part or was it a different Zion organization in 08MST and/or
>0080?

  Any differences are strictly aesthetic. It may be drawn slightly
differently, but it's the same Zeon with the same logo.

>Is the Zeon vs. Zion spelling problem cleared up? I can see a lot of
>people complaining about using the word Zion for the bad guys.

  After twenty years, Sunrise has finally decided on this, and it's Zeon.
Specifically, Principality of Zeon - though AnimeVillage went with "Duchy
of", either for the sake of tradition or because it's shorter. At any
rate, all future Gundam books and models and video goods will be hewing
to the "Zeon" spelling.

-- Mark