Re: [gundam] [OT] US Naval Battleships

Tue, 16 Feb 1999 18:03:13 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Alfred Urrutia wrote:
> I still believe, for the money, that lobbing 16inch shells is less expensive
> than pissing away a million per 'hawk, don't you think? And they've got so
> many of those shells still left. Tomohawks are precision guided munitions,
> 16inch shells are area affect weapons. Same with laser-guided bombs. They

Tsk tsk tsk, all these talks about cost effectiveness. You are totally
neglecting the ***FUN*** factors in modern wars. What good is a cheap
effective shell if you can't put a live TV camera on its nose?

Haven't you heard? They are developing the next generation of smart bombs
so that lucky school kids across the country can remote-control these
bombs LIVE on the internet. That is SOOOOO much cooler than any Gundam
shows.

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble