[gundam] [Gundam] model painting and finishing

Mon, 15 Feb 1999 11:58:04 -0500 (EST)

Hi, has anyone tried putting gloss or dull lacquer into an airbrush? The
color of the plastic of many of my models are pretty good as they are. But
I hate that plastic shine, look like toys.

I've seen semigloss and dull Mr. Topcoat spray cans selling on the net,
but now that I paid for an airbrush, I want to put it to use.

Also Eddie mentioned mixing Tamiya paint to get the right colors. Is
there any theory/math formula/computer apps/website/whatever what will
teach me a little about pigment mixing? For example, I want to get the
"sagewood" color of Char's Zaku, but I don't know what to add to "red" to
get it. Using a scanner, I can figure out the CMYK values from the
pictures, but I don't know how to do color math with them.

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble