Re: [gundam] Zaku II External Cables

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 22:06:43 -0700 (MST)

> This sounds good, and the Dom and Gelgoog are chunky in all the right
> places. The only thing it doesn't explain are the hoses on the Hizack.
> However, it's been pretty well established on the list that the Hizack
> sucks anyway, right? That could explain why it has obsolete "exposed hose"
> technology.

  Yeah, we had a discussion about the Hizak on this list awhile back that
hashed out alot of the wierdnesses about it, including its hoses and its
inability to use more than one beam weapon.

  The conclusion was that the HiZak was a Federation "Charity Project" MS,
kinda like some of the projects going on in the US in RL with Ex-Soviet
military scientists. I.e., the HiZak was a MS project designed more for
political reasons (I.e., to keep expatriate Zeon weapons scientists at
work working for the Federation) than for military reasons. After all, the
GM was a plenty good (if not significantly better!) MS than the HiZak.

  So the Hizak became more of a testbed, incorporating some of the newer
Federation technology (Partial linear seat, GM-avionics) with some postwar
Zeon technology (body and armor design, etc). The result was a hybrid MS
that pretty much stank. Just like such projects in RL BTW.

                                                                -Probe