Re: [gundam] Zaku II External Cables

Roger Harkavy (harkavyr@pandora.planet.net)
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 23:45:30 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, Prabal Nandy wrote:
> The idea that we jockied around was that the Zaku was the original Zeon
> MS, but it was underpowered. The Zak-II sports a better reactor in a
> nearly identical frame, but therefore required extra piping to get the
> reactor plasma down into its legs and backpack for the new engines running
> out of there. The Gouf is basically an improved Zaku that no longer needs
> the leg-cables because it has air-breathing jets already in there. After
> the Zaku series, the Zeons got alot better at internalizing the piping
> inside the armor (you actually see these cables in the MG-Gelgoog kit),
> this also accounts for the extra bulky design of the Gelgoog and Dom, as
> compared to the Zaku.

This sounds good, and the Dom and Gelgoog are chunky in all the right
places. The only thing it doesn't explain are the hoses on the Hizack.
However, it's been pretty well established on the list that the Hizack
sucks anyway, right? That could explain why it has obsolete "exposed hose"
technology.

Maybe the hoses on the Hizack are just decorative, like the hood ornament
on a car. It's so people can glance at it and say, "That's a Zaku." ;p

---
Roger Harkavy
harkavyr@planet.net
http://www.planet.net/pharkavyr/