Re: [gundam] Zaku II External Cables

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 21:15:19 -0700 (MST)

> > reactor. This gas or fluid was used to give the MS more "muscle" -- a
> > thermonuclear hydraulic or pneudralic system, if you will.
> So why don't any of the other suits have them? Or do they have them and
> are covered with armor?

  The idea that we jockied around was that the Zaku was the original Zeon
MS, but it was underpowered. The Zak-II sports a better reactor in a
nearly identical frame, but therefore required extra piping to get the
reactor plasma down into its legs and backpack for the new engines running
out of there. The Gouf is basically an improved Zaku that no longer needs
the leg-cables because it has air-breathing jets already in there. After
the Zaku series, the Zeons got alot better at internalizing the piping
inside the armor (you actually see these cables in the MG-Gelgoog kit),
this also accounts for the extra bulky design of the Gelgoog and Dom, as
compared to the Zaku.

                                                                -Probe