[gundam] Re: [Gundam] Star Blazers Fleet Battle System

Fri, 12 Feb 1999 14:53:33 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Mark Simmons wrote:
> sound about right, but I still think the numbers of mobile suits are
> terribly inflated.

Yeah, me thinks the same.

> Anyway, on the ship side, the aforementioned Hobby Japan book adds lots
> and lots of nifty details,

yeah! way cool! I got to find this book in Toronto... It's in Japanese
right? :( I hope there's lots of Kanji.

> Incidentally, more thoughts on fleet arrangements (which we were

Another question is what's the roles of different ships? If a
Magellan/Gwazine class is something like Yorktown(?) (big battle ship with
long range heavy artillery), and MS are like high performance fighter
(short operational and firing range, but enough fire power to take out or
severely damage a big ship). What about Salamis/Musai? High speed
destroyer? Medium artillery and some anti-MS weaponry? I am trying make
these ships more interesting than just MS-carriers.

Khyro wrote:
> play. Thus, in most games the miniatures/counters are actually a bigger
> scale than the weapon ranges and whatnot. I'm pretty sure Heavy Gear and

Good point. So perhaps the MS can be 2 cm tall, and the ships could be 4
or 5 cm long. That'd be pretty cool. But the colony wouldn't be a game
piece, I think it's more appropriate as a location or objective. E.g. one
of the game mission could be: deliver Nancy Kerrigan :) to co-ordinate
ZR-23 (which is entrance hatch to a colony) within 100 turns. Or bring
GP-02 to within firing range of colony within 50 turns.

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble