Re: [gundam] Ex.org news section on 'Turn A' Gundam

Jim Huang (tyhuang@OCF.Berkeley.EDU)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 01:29:27 -0800

On 12 Feb 99, at 1:16, Kota Fujimura wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Mark Simmons wrote:
>
> > The NewType article also seems fuzzy on a couple of key points. They
> > spend a lot of time wondering which calendar the date of 2345 is measured
> > in; while AD seems a likely candidate, they suggest it's a point of
> > mystery. And the description of the Gundam that "emerges from the rock"
> > varies;
>
> Actually, I heard it was never specified if the robot coming out of the
> rock is "Turn-A Gundam". Did NT specifically say so?

Look at mine. No, but it did refer to it as a Mobile Suits right there.

> Now, there is a magazine called "Flash", which is not anime-related
> magazine like NewType or Animage, and it ran an interview with Tomino on
> its latest issue. In that interview, he did use the words "mobile suit".
> Since "Flash" is aimed toward general public, Tomino probably wouldn't try
> to confuse the reporter, so I'm assuming they really are mobile suits.

Gee! Another excuse for me to get aother skin magazine.(I know,
the nudity shots in Flash is only about a dozens an issue) At least I
can say I got it for the articles. ^_^

In addition, Japanese Postal Min. is doing taking vote for their 20th
Cen. stamp, a la USPS.

http://www.stamp20.com/enqb_i.htm

For the Post-War to First Oil Shock Era: There are those choices
in Anime/Manga category.

Sazae-San, O-Bake-no-Q-Taro, Ashita no Joe, Rose of V., Star of
Giant, Ohmitsu-Hime, Osomatsu-Kun

For the post-Oil Shock to current era:

Yamato, Gundam, Captain Tsubasa, Touch, DragonBall, Apanman,
Pokemon, Evagelion.

So, if you ever wanted to lick a Gundam, you are welcome to check
it out. ^_^ I am still researching if I would have to fake adress in
Japan to vote on it. And if I vote, I think I may perfer to lick
Apanman. ^_^

Jim Huang
When OLs copy the style of Kahala Tomomi, they are called Kahara
When High School Girls copy the sytle of Amuro Namie, they are called Amura
When weirdos copy the sytle of Shinohara Tomoe, they are called Shinora
When elementry school girl copy the style of Nomura Yuuko, they are called Nomura

When Gundam fans copy the style of Char Azunabel, they are called
                                   CHARA