Re: [gundam] Quality of 1/144 GP02A

Mark Nguyen (mnguyen@hotmail.com)
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:58:49 PST

Hi! Welcome to GML!

>Gathering information for my first order, I read in The Gundam Project:
>"The Gundam GP02A from this series (1/144 MSG 0083) was probably the
single
>worst Gundam kit released within the past decade". Why is that? The
GP02A
>is one of my faves and I was going to buy it.

Put simply, it sucks. You *have* to paint it to make it look decent, the
proportioning is all off, there are very few features, and there isn't
much detailing. Compared to the rest of the 003 model series, it's just
plain bad.

>Also, could please anybody tell me what differences and features should
>expect from kits labeled High Grade, Master Grade and Limited Model?

This depends on when you bought it. "HG" today means "normal" for the
most part. "HG" five years ago can be called "HG-" now, depending on the
kit. "MG" means "marginally cooler, but you pay through the nose for
it". "MG" four years ago means "HG" now. "LM" means "crap" for the most
part.

Mark-II