Re: [gundam] Gundam '99 and knee-jerk responses.

Bernard Ng (geradoga@hotmail.com)
Tue, 09 Feb 1999 17:56:03 PST

>As for the flunkkies in the background, I am reminded
>of Robotech and all that, for some reason.
>
>"Magic is the hand of faith..."
>
>Richard Ramos

It's the bird leg jointed robot in the background, looks like an armless
officer pod from Robotech(can't remember the Macross verion of the
name). To me it looks like a cross between that and of a Stalker from
battletech :)

>Actuallt, just thinking about it...the big difference in this gundam
>is that the design precepts are not for oriental armor but for
>Medieval. I mean, all you have to do is give the guy a claymore and >a
horse, and there you go! If anything, this design is really very
>westernized...the cross on its body goes back to heraldic look, and
>the helmet may also be an offshoot design from the medieval stuff.
>HOwever, I do agree that the legs look like glorified hoovers, and
>that the shield is weird.

Come to think of it, you may be rite. The chest plates of the middle
ages were sort of rounded, one to fit the knights two fashion and three
it is difficult to forge otherwise and retain protective properties. But
still I'll hve to wait for more details B4 I'm inclined to like it

Bernard